Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Forgot

I forgot what it was like eating around other people.

Usually it's just hubby I eat with and he's been really good about keeping the not-so-good foods out of my sight so I can avoid temptation. Now that I'm on a business trip with other people, there are lots of foods at the table. Some of the most delicious:

Spaghetti
Pizza
Hamburgers
Apple pie
Ice cream
Cinnamon roll
Pancakes
Chips and salsa

While at any other time in my life I would have been eating alongside them, this go round it has been hands off. I actually haven't even been a bit tempted. I have to focus. Keep my eye on the prize.

I did forget one more thing. I forgot about the time difference. My 5:00 AM trips to the treadmill are really 4:00 AM trips back home. It doesn't matter all that much, though. What matters is being here when it opens at 6:00 AM.