Monday, February 10, 2014

Not 'till Noon

My obsession of checking school mail every 5 minutes is creating havoc with my days so I decided on a mantra.

Not 'till Noon. No checking email until noon on my days off.

It's been in my head for the last few days. I go to bed with the thought, I wake up to the thought.

And did I make it on this first day of using it? Not even close. Even as I repeated the words to myself I was checking it. And replying to it. Why the obsession? Maybe it's because I want to stay on top of things. Maybe it's because I don't want to be left out of things. Certainly checking email would not be at the top of most folks' list for the best way to spend their day off. So why is it on mine?

Grrr.

On a more visually pleasing note, take a look at the snowy creek bank. Or should I say, my interpretation of one. It's really the water coming out the downspout of one our gutters. The snow is beginning to melt off the roof and making a little trickle of water flow into the snow covered wildflower-turned-perennial garden. Not all that exciting, but it sure is better than checking email.