Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 1000

The Universe sure has a way of making things happen as they should.

When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was look out the bedroom window. It only seems right that the rose garden died off this morning. Not even one little bit of color. No more rose pictures for the year.

I packed up the quilts for Alaska and took them to the post office today. No more charity pictures for the year.

We went to Alejandra's for dinner tonight. Only a couple items left and we're done with eating through the menu. No more food pictures.

All on Day 1000.

Then the phone call I was expecting arrived. If you know me, you know I've struggled with weight my whole life so a serious decision has been made. A change is scheduled to happen December 18.

Then as I was cleaning up the sewing room, I came across a notebook I had in the bottom of a basket. It had inspirational quotes I had written down, cut from calendars, and printed from the Internet. Just look at the one I had printed from 13 years ago.

The perfect way to end my 1000 days. And the perfect way to begin the next chapter in my life. While there won't be a Day 1001, I'll be back. Maybe next week. Hope to see you then as I work through my next new adventure. Until then...

7 comments:

  1. Dear Deb, no matter what you decide, please keep in touch. My blog is artinsearch.blogspot.com, email is lswanekamp1@gmail.com
    Struggle with weight, you bet, sing it sister. Harder and harder to keep it off. Most of the day, I have been in pain, more since I restarted PT, so I thought of you alot and what you go through.
    Praying for you. Thank you so much for sharing your life with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selfishly I am sad, I had forgotten today was 1000 until I looked on your blog. There was a sigh that came before I could stop it. Be well and be happy until we see what's next.Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.........
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to see your daily posts end but look forward to hearing your inspirational story of continuing life through pain and other difficulties. I can't tell you how often I think of your story and apply it to my own when I am dealing with problems in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I am glad to hear you will still blog occasionally even if it isn't every day. Perhaps once a week to keep us all in the loop of what's going on with you? ;) Sure will miss the updates, and the pictures. Take care, Deb. See you in Words!
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your blog! Its been great to see how far you have come and just what you have accomplished. I will keep checking back on your blog. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Keep on doing what you have been doing. You are an inspiration! harmony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on blogging for 1000 days!!! Hope you do post occasionally because I love following your story. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your husband, daughter and so to be son-in-law and your Mom. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb! Wow 1000 days! Amazing! I loved reading the words of inspiration you clipped out. I feel like I've been knocked down - kicked more accurately especially since the recent loss of my daughter. Somehow though, I get back up every day. I believe that ownership of how we live our lives is squarely within our power. You live yours well Deb. Bravo to you. Keep living, fighting, loving. You are amazing. With much love, Paula

    ReplyDelete