Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 892

When hubby starts school Monday things will change. The biggie probably be dinner. He's been the chef around the house these last few weeks and I've been getting spoiled. He always makes sure he cooks something I'm interested in eating. Sometimes he'll add some type of side dish, or a condiment, or some sauce just for him - something special that fits his weird taste.

Like the apple cider sauerkraut. When we were in Leavenworth last month we ran across a restaurant that served cabbage cooked in apple cider. He fell in love with it and has been anxious to make his own batch. So when he decided we would have grilled sausages for dinner tonight, guess what he also made? He again loved it. And no, I did not try it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deb! How do you do it? How do you manage to keep a positve frame of mind after your infusion? I recently had surgery & had such a hard time getting out of my surgery funk! My poor son deserves a Medal of Honor for dealing with a mom who couldn't get her butt out of bed for 6 days. I so admire you! You have a beautiful spirit. Take care! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried sauerkraut. My husband does 95% of the cooking and my girls always thought that all dad's did the cooking! lol Luckily he's been working from home the past few years, so it all works out. I can cook if I need too, but I'm the type who needs a recipe, where he can just throw some stuff together and it tastes delicious! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete