Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 869 Leavenworth, Washington

Lyrics from a Zac Brown Band song:
I got my toes in the water, a** in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer drink in my hand
Life is good today, life is good today.

Since we started the Suck the Marrow Tour Part 2 hubby has been singing those lyrics. All the places we've been - Hood River, Mt. Hood, Portland, Cannon Beach, Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainier, Seattle, Alaska - I never could get Scooter close enough to the water to let me dip my toes.

Until today.

For behind the Bavarian town of Leavenworth, Washington, behind all the shops and restaurants, down a steep gravel road, across winding dirt paths through trees and forest, Scooter found her way. A few steps by me down a little sandy embankment, and bingo!


I even waded out a bit more to get some pictures of the Wenatchee River.

Then I found what I want to try next! But after watching a while I decided it might take too much lung capacity. Dang. 
Then as we were eating lunch at South, a Mexican restaurant (Delicious Mexican food in a German town? Go figure.) I saw what I really want to try next. But I imagine my screams would probably use up all the oxygen. Darn.
As I said to hubby after we walked  huffed and puffed Scooter back up the steep hills that had lead to the river when all else fails, I can take pictures.
The hotel.
 The village of Leavenworth.

Dinner at Muchen Haus.
 All the mustards to choose from.
Yep, life is good today, life is good today.