Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 665

A new pair of hands operated my sewing machine today. These hands right here:
This person loved the flower quilt with button centers I recently made. This person loves buttons. This person spent last night at our house, waiting out the snow that moved in Christmas afternoon. This person is older than me and related to me.

That would be my mom.

She learned more about quilting today than she probably wanted to. But it was enough for her to design and work with me in putting together this wallhanging for her apartment. The first quilt she ever machine quilted!

5 comments:

  1. This person, Mom, enjoyed spending Christmas, Christmas Night and then most of today working on this project with you and attempting to quilt on the machine. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job grandma!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, loved spending the time with Mom. Luv you

      Delete
  3. Good job Mom! I am very jealous of the snow you got!! But I have to ask...isn't it hard to sew with gloves on? -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that the gloves really helped move the fabric around. I think they would work when you are doing normal sewing. Now if i could just get how you quilt a design on the fabric, I would be happy. Debs Mom

      Delete