- I have a home that's paid for. A new roof over my head. I can look out the front windows to the river or look out the back window to the rose garden or the mountains. I can look out the sewing room window to the soon-to-be vegetable garden.
- I have a cat who has become a lap cat. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, she's either along side me or plopped down on me.
- I have a daughter who is self-sufficient. Who can pay her own bills and not ask for anything from her mom except advice.
- I have a husband who offers to make breakfast for me every morning. If I take him up on it and I'm awake before he leaves for work, he brings it to me in bed. If I'm asleep, he'll leave it for me to warm up.
- I am able to serve others through my quilting. I can remain at home, yet provide comfort for kids in need.
- I have this blog and the people who read it. Making this past year's struggles public has made me stronger. It has held me accountable for my thoughts and actions and has motivated me to be a better person.
- I have a job that I go to where I feel respected and valued. The position fits within my limitations, fits within my schedule, fits with my strengths. A job where on my drive each morning I have views like this.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
I do appreciate how blessed I am. While things aren't ever perfect and something always comes up to throw a wrench in things, there are a lot of good things in my life.