Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 167 of 365

Another day, another dollar.

Another long day at work and another day of a tutorial. I'm not sure why I started doing these tutorials. But I'm really not sure why I decided I should do them on Tuesdays, the day of the week I always work.

Actually, I do know why. Because Tutorial Tuesday sounds better than Tutorial Friday or Tutorial Sunday.

As I'm starting to rethink my scheduling and balance of work and home, I'm starting to rethink this Tutorial Tuesday thing. I do like doing them (even if no one watches them). I'll work on them for at least a couple more weeks then I'll be re-evaluating whether I'll continue. (The tutorials, that is. The daily pictures will absolutely continue.)

Today's video tutorial is pocket tissue covers. Something I wish I had with me at yesterday's funeral. Unfortunately, I only had McDonald's napkins to offer our daughter. They sufficed, but some pocket tissues would have been much more gentle on the nose and eyes.

They are really easy to make. Just a few minutes and you'll have one.


Here are some made after watching the tutorial. Here's what she said: I can't believe how fast these many went together.    Thank you again.  This is the first project I've gotten done a head of schedule in a long time.  
Wow, she was busy! 

And Diana made some, too: I want to thank you for the wonderful Pocket Tissue Holder Tutorial..Its was fast, fun and easy!! I love it..I made 2 tissue holders in minutes, These are going to be given to my 2 granddaughters. Thank you so much.
Do you have pictures of anything you've made after watching one of my tutorials? I'd love to show them off! Use the "Contact Me" button at the bottom left of the page to send them my way.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tute. I have to make 30 of these for a school bizarre in a month and this is the clearest, easiest tutorial that I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Record the tutorial on the weekend and then post it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tutorials. Please don't stop completely...It is understandable that you might need to cut back, perhaps you could go to one a month instead of one a week, at least then we all could get our fix of your great tutorials. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your site by the quilting board. I have made tissue holders before, BUT never so easy and cute. Great work. I will make you a regular to check on---Thanks sooo much. By the way I used to live in Boise 11 yrs ago before I hit the road and became a fulltimer, RV'r. Still sew lots in my motorhome. Thanks again!!
    Karen Dishion keedishion@netzero.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your method is so quick & easy - look great with lining making edging for slit. By the responses on the QB I think people do watch & enjoy your tutorials. Maybe you could pick another day & a new name - i.e. Watch Me Wednesdays or Funtime Fridays...

    ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial. Wrote everything down and will start making them. Great, great giveaways for showers, weddings, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopped over here from the Sew Darn Crafty Party.Such a fun, quick gift and perfect for adding to stockings. Thank you for sharing your tutorial. I'll be making up a batch of these and stalking your other posts for more fun ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I'd love to make some of these! Thanks so much for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made 4 of the little holders, but made them larger to hold dollar bills, for 2 " just because gifts" , and the other two , to hold some necklaces, and bracelets when I travel. SO fun, so mindless, and so creative to use up scraps of leftover quilt projects.. THANK YOU! you blessed my day with sunny delight!( its pouring down rain outside! )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tutorial! I think I'm going to make some of these for our Santa's Secret Shop at school. The kids will love them, especially if I use school colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous tutorial!! I just found your blog this a.m. and I'm going to make some of these holders today during a home sew-in. :D Thank you bunches for making the tutorial. Now I'm going to prowl threw your blog and see what other goodies you've been up to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the theory behind the picture everyday. I have found that most of us need to be reminded to live in the moment. It is nice to see someone trying to make the thought a reality.

    I have just found your site and love the tutorials that you have worked so hard to share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I need tutorials!! I'm pretty new to all of this quilting, and working hard to learn all that I can. I want to make...well too much LOL. Each new project is an adventure in learning, so tutorials on projects that aren't entire queen size quilts may just help me in gaining some much needed knowledge. I just found you.. don't leave me now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just made my first pocket tissue holder by your tutorial and I love it! When I can get my camera and computer to play nice with each other, I'll send you a pic. Now I'm going to make some more of these puppies. :D Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes - anyone making these (or anything else in my tutorials) I'd love to post your pictures! Use the "Contact Me" button at the bottom of the page. Can't wait to see what you've done!

    ReplyDelete