Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 161 of 365

Finally.

Not finally, I have a job. Or finally, my daughter will be home next week to help us get some work done, or finally, my house is clean.

Nope. None of the above.

But, finally something is being harvested from the garden.

Not just any old vegetable. We've already been through the radishes, the peas, the spinach, and the arugula. We've harvested kale, cabbage, and broccoli. We enjoy tomatoes, bell peppers, and hot peppers almost every day. Zucchini is being picked almost daily and red potatoes are being dug every couple days. Pumpkins are orange.

Nope, this vegetable is the one I've been waiting on more than any other. (Actually, the potatoes might be tied for my number one vegetable.)

On Day 64 we planted it.

On Day 82 I cheered it on, hoping it would grow faster.

But right here, right now I finally picked some. My most favorite vegetable in the world. And these two ears just happened to be the most tender corn in the world. (Probably not, but it sure tasted like it.)